Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Intellectual property theft

Because of a continuing problem, I am changing the site feed to publish excerpts rather than full text for the time being. Another site, which I will not validate by linking to, is pulling OtW content without ever asking permission and though I defined the terms under which they could use our stuff, they are not following those terms. This site is using our site feed to display the full text of our posts without giving us credit and making money off of our intellectual property. So, I am going to do what I can to put an end to it and going to excerpts is a start. I'm sorry but I'm not willing to have someone else profit from our hard work. I hate having to click through in my blog-reader too, believe me. This is only temporary. You know who you are. I told you what was acceptable and you have not complied. Take down the OtW content you have stolen and stop ripping us off.

5 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 04:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely no mystery as to who the culprit is, as he's bee doing it for months. I find it funny that he's not even offering up his usual flimsy justifications anymore.

Tactics like that will go a long way toward killing off feeds altogether. Which, really, might not be a bad idea.

 
At 1/31/2006 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about www.pheerhockey.com ? Look at the sitemeter, it gets 6 hits a day. I guess you could sue him for the maybe $10 he has made from that site, but since he does link back to you under each post that says it was syndicated from your site, I seriously doubt there is anything you can do at all, except for what you've already done.

 
At 2/01/2006 03:40:00 AM, Blogger The Acid Queen said...

Oh look, the thief thinks he's anonymous.

 
At 2/01/2006 09:02:00 AM, Blogger matt saler said...

I thought the same thing. Pretty good job of acting, eh?

 
At 2/03/2006 05:10:00 AM, Blogger The Acid Queen said...

I tell you what. If blogspot allowed editing of comments I'd suggest removing the URL that Mr. Fuckhead put in his "anonymous" comment. :D

 

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]