Saturday, October 08, 2005

Wings re-sign Woolley

In order to add depth to a very shallow defense, the Wings brought back defenseman Jason Woolley to a one-year contract today, TSN is reporting. As per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. It's not much but the Wings should be better off on defense now. It doesn't fully make up for the loss of Kronwall but Woolley is a good, steady defenseman and his experience will be valuable on the blueline. I'm a little disappointed that Brett Lebda had to be sent down in order to make room on the roster, however. I've been impressed with Lebda so far and it's a shame his NHL debut is being cut short. You were right, greatwhitebear. I'm sorry for the lack of updates on my part. The second half of this week has been a nightmare from a personal standpoint and I've had too much on my mind to spend time on the site. It's still going on so posting may continue to be sporadic until the situation is resolved. Again, I'm sorry.

3 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 07:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't be happier with this one. He may not break into the top 4 this season, but we can count on him to show up every game. And besides, it's not often in this "business first" hockey world that you see a good guy like Woolley get the shot he deserves.

Unfortunately, I personally think they sent the wrong person down though. I was liking what I saw of Lebda. Fortunately we haven't seen the last of him, and he should help out the Griffins this year.

 
At 10/10/2005 09:15:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

I was very impressed with Lebda. And you could see it when he was here at Notre Dame.

I do agree with sending him down however. He is just not going to get enough work as the seventh defenseman.

Gee, I got one right! I guess that puts me on a par with Eklund! Throw enough s**t at the wall, and some of it has to stick!

 
At 10/10/2005 09:36:00 PM, Blogger matt saler said...

I'd rather have Lebda than Lilja right about now. The guy's been caught flat footed on the Canucks' last two goals. Come on, Andreas.

 

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]