Monday, January 10, 2005

New Look

As you can see, On the Wings has a new look. I spent a lot of time today tinkering with a pre-made Blogger template to get what you see. It's not immensely impressive but it is a complete overhaul of the old template and should work a lot better. Most importantly, the load time should be down from what it was. The banner is pretty boring, I know, but my creative patience has worn down too much for me to make a better one. Maybe I'll get to that later this week, I don't know. I gave up on the three column look and dropped some of the extraneous content that wasted space. Even if there weren't any performance problems with the old layout, this site needed something new after so long. When I tested out this template, I used Mozilla Firefox, which is the browser I use for just about everything now. So it looks great in Firefox but it may not work fully in another browser, as you may have noticed, if you have Internet Explorer. I don't really know what to do about it since I made no structual changes to the pre-made Blogger template and I would have expected it to be cross-browser compatible. Firefox is more web standards compliant than IE anyway and you really should all be using it if you're not already. Get it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]