Thursday, January 27, 2005

Is there hope after all?

Eklund over at the blog 'Hockey Rumors' is reporting that the NHL's next proposal will bring about the end of the lockout:
My source says, "This will absolutely be over by Saturday. Posturing is over. These talks are the final talks. We will know where we are in the next few days. I am convinced this new proposal is a result of what both sides have been working on. There is immense pressure coming from the big teams. The players are going to have a hard time turning down this offer. Word is they already know what it basically is and are holding a vote on their website as we speak. I would be stunned if the season was cancelled. It won't go past the week-end. Not a chance."
Eklund calls himself "an insider of 20 years," and since I know nothing about him, I have to take his word for it. I'm sure he is what he says he is. I hope he will pardon me if I'm a little skeptical about his asserton, though. I guess it seems too good to be true, however much I wish it were. I must say it would be wonderful if a deal could be reached very soon. I'm just not very optimistic about the chances of that happening, despite the apparent progress we've seen over the past couple weeks with all the talks. I would be amazed and shocked if what Eklund's source says is true but in a good way. It's been a very long time since I had any hope of there being any semblance of a 2004-2005 NHL season. Now, I'm getting a glimmer, though I'm trying to keep it small so I don't end up being disappointed when what I've resigned myself to turns out to be true after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]