Friday, March 19, 2004

On the Wings: at one year....

I started this little weblog one year ago today with this post:
My first post...... Things are going well with the Wings, they won last night (beat the Pens 5-1) and have won 5 in a row. They're still #1 in the West but 2 points behind Ottawa still. Zata didn't get a point last night, neither did Hully or Pavel. Luc finally scored and Feds had 2.
Not a very long post compared to what gets posted here today, to be sure. Back then, I never would have imagined writting so much and getting so many hits. It was just a private hobby site which I called, rather redundantly, "zata40fan's Wings fan blog" and was known only to a couple people, myself and Brian really. Things began slowly, with posts mostly consisting of links to articles in the paper and a tiny bit of analysis. Because I was just starting off, I used the same guy who compiles the lines for fellow Wings fans on an e-mail list for the game summaries, Gerry Brierley. He doesn't do those any more which is the main reason we started doing our own, though it was a logical progression anyway. I soon changed the site's name to "On the Wings" and gradually began to cover the team more, through their first round elimination to Anaheim, before I moved on the rest of the league until the playoffs ended. Instead of taking a break from the site over the summer, I continued covering the team through one of the more eventful off-seasons of the past few years. Here is a summary of the major events concerning the Wings over the past year..... Read the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]