Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Wings Update Bob Wojnowski has an article mostly about the Yzerman contract situation with a little about the other contracts sprinkled in. He isn't very encouraging (like this quote:"Three popular players -- Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov and Darren McCarty -- are unsigned, and it appears unlikely the Wings will keep all three."). I never thought it would come to this, the possibility of Yzerman going to play for someone else because of a contract dispute. All we can do is hope both sides stay reasonable and reach some middle ground. It would be a terrible thing to lose The Captain before he's done. While I may not be optimistic about it, NHL analysts are. They all see Yzerman coming back. I hate being put in doubt. I just want whatever happens to happen quickly so I can gear myself up for another disapointment when the Wings hit the ice as a depleted team. Sorry, I'm a little pessimistic right now. Ted Kulfan has published his picks for the NHL Awards. He thinks the three Wings that have been nominated (Yzerman, Lidstrom and Zetterberg) will win. I'm pretty confident of that too. Yzerman really deserves the Masterton, though Berard does too. I can't see how they could not give the Norris to Nick. He's the best all-around defenseman in the league and one of the two best players in the world. Zetterberg should win a tight race for the Calder. Sorry Jackman. If two people could win it, both you and Zata would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]