Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Wings Update The news on Igor that I posted last night has been confirmed, though his agent says he's not in a coma. He does have a fat embolism, which in 10 to 15% of cases can be fatal though Igor is young enough and in good enough shape that he should be able to beat this. The Wings won't be sending a doctor to Russia to help treat him because they are confident in the medical treatment he's getting. They've been using Igor Larionov as a translator in some calls between Detroit and the hospital. If you want to send your get well wishes for Igor out, go here. I've heard a reason why the accident could have happened. The driving conditions in Russia are really bad, the roads are '60s era and there aren't many lights on the freeways. Igor could have just had a legitimate accident and not one caused by drunkeness. Apparently, the Wings have offered Sergei a 4 year, $40 million deal. Ken Holland says "There are a lot of rumors out there. All I can say is I talked to Pat (Brisson, Sergei's agent) recently and I plan to talk to him again later in the week. My hope, as it's been all along, is to have Segei signed." If this rumor is true, Sergei'd better sign it. The Wings can't afford more and he should know that going to New York will automatically take him out of the Cup race. An update on the Hasek incident: Dom says the man he's been accused of attacking actually attacked him first. Hasek said "I'm sorry if he was injured in the scuffle. If it's true, I wish him early recovery." The man supposedly has a broken nose, a concussion and a spine contusion after Hasek beat him with his stick. Brett Hull: "I'd rather play golf than hockey. I just love the game. I love the challenge. It's my favorite sport." Hull was in Austin, Texas trying to make it through the qualifying stage for the US Open Championship. He didn't make it. Tonight's Games Ottawa @ New Jersey, 7 ET, Devils lead series 3-2 and are 8-0 at home this postseason. The Senators are 1-6 in elimination games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]