Thursday, April 17, 2003

I'm surprised that I really don't feel as bad about all this as I expected to. Believe it or not, I didn't get as excited about this year's playoffs as I did last year. If this had happened then, I'd have been in mourning for a month. The playoffs almost came as a surprise to me, when they started. I guess I'm still in shock. I was in a nasty mood all day today, though not very many people mocked me (yes, it does happen here, even in the Detroit area.....there are too many bandwagon fans here, by far......the problem with being a fan of a good team, I guess). The worst thing is that there won't be any Red Wings hockey until September. I'll have to settle for the other playoff teams, I guess. I'm still having trouble believing they're done. This is the second time I've seen the Wings get eliminated in the 1st round and both times were California teams in OT. Both times I stood there, staring at the TV, hoping the goal would be called back somehow, for some reason. Of course it never happens, unless it's the Wings who "scored" and the goal was by Luc Robitaille. Both years the Wings did not deserve to win. I don't know what happened. How they could go from being the best team in hockey to being the first team since the '53 Leafs to win the Cup and then get swept in the next first round (vs. the Wings, no less). UGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]