Sunday, March 19, 2006

Three Years of OtW

Hard to believe it's been three years today since I started this thing. We've come a long way from this:
My first post...... Things are going well with the Wings, they won last night (beat the Pens 5-1) and have won 5 in a row. They're still #1 in the West but 2 points behind Ottawa still. Zata didn't get a point last night, neither did Hully or Pavel. Luc finally scored and Feds had 2. posted by Matt Saler @ 3/19/2003 08:13:03 PM
Still, I could practically use the same words to describe the situation now:
My first post...... Things are going well with the Wings, they won last night (beat the [Oilers 4-3 in a shootout]) and have won 5 in a row. They're still #1 in the West [and are now 1 point ahead of] Ottawa [for the league lead]. [Pavel] didn't get a point last night, neither did [Shanny] or [Lang]. [Chelios] finally scored and [Hank] had 2, [though one came during the shootout and doesn't count].
Three years of On the Wings. Wow. All because I read this article and became curious about weblogging. So, I started my own, where I could put one of my favorite pass-times into written form: talking about Red Wings hockey. Thanks to Brian, Christy and now Kevin for joining up and helping out. Thanks to you readers for coming back and reading what we have to say about our favorite team. I hope this site can be a great resource in years to come as we think back over our favorite memories of different seasons, of the players that made up the team, and of the games that stood out.

3 Comments:

At 3/19/2006 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! A must stop every day for a Wing fan.
Your work is much appreciated.

 
At 3/19/2006 03:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, Matt. A wonderful job!

 
At 3/20/2006 02:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, very well done. I recently moved from Detroit to Chicago and can't watch the Wings on TV, so I depend on your blog for in-depth analysis of every game.

Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]