Monday, December 27, 2004

Mathieu Dandenault to play in Italy

According to a press release this afternoon on its club site, Mathieu Dandenault will join H.C. Asiago of the Italian Serie league. He will join Rico Fata of the Pittsburgh Penguins as the other NHLer on the Asiago roster. I'd recommend using AltaVista's Babel Fish if you want to read the article and don't know Italian. Asagio will value Dandenault's ability to play on both defense and as a forward, in addition to his speed and veteran leadership on a relatively young club. Here's Fabio Armani (what a name!) in the Nascar-style Asiago sweater:
Sidney Crosby Update Sidney Crosby has clarified his previous statements that led us all to believe he was ready to jump to the NHL even if it meant becoming a replacement player. After the NHLPA cronies and his summer workout buddies likely hit the phone, Crosby has come out with the following statement:
"If there is an NHL with replacement players, I think for me to be involved and to say that I would play in the league is not true. If the NHL is the real NHL with the best players in the world, for sure I want to play in it but at the same time, if it's a league of replacement players, it's not the real NHL. And with all the things going on right now with players and owners, it's not right and I don't think I'd be playing in a league like that."
The stir came after "The Next One" told TSN on Sunday: "I haven't really given it a lot of thought but my dream is to play in the NHL. I think if I do have the opportunity, I would probably go." More details likely to follow in this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]