Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Another one down......

....and another one down, another one bites the dust.... I think the Queen song "Another One Bites the Dust" would be a perfect theme song for the Wings this year. Maybe they should start playing it at their games..... The Wings' Season from Hell continued today when Steve Thomas was placed on the injured reserve list and Jiri Hudler was called up from the Grand Rapids Griffins. Thomas will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Thursday and is expected to be out of the lineup for five to six weeks. I have no idea when the injury even occured and I was completely shocked when I heard the news. Thomas is yet another player the Wings can ill afford to lose, especially since he was brought in to replace an injured player. I just hope that when he returns, he'll have the same jump as he's had since joining the team and that he wasn't just flying high from being signed. There's more: Manny Legace sprained his knee yesterday in practice and is listed as day-to-day. Who's supposed to be Dominik's backup, I don't know. Everyone pray that Dominik does not re-injure his groin. The Wings now have four of the Griffin's top five scorers in their roster. Nathan Robinson, who was sent down today, is the only one no longer with the Wings. Here's the complete Red Wings injury status list: Derian Hatcher - Knee (10/16) I.R., Out four-to-six months Steve Yzerman - Groin Day-to-day Chris Chelios - Knee (12/8) I.R., Out four-to-six weeks Darren McCarty - Back (11/8) I.R., Out indefinitely Steve Thomas - Knee (12/8) I.R., Out five-to-six weeks Manny Legace - Knee (12/8) Day-to-day Henrik Zetterberg - Leg (11/4) I.R., Out four-to-six weeks Ray Whitney - Groin Day-to-day Tomas Holmstrom - Shoulder (11/26) I.R., Out four-to-six weeks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark this post

del.icio.us On the Wings

Search this site

<< Home

[Powered by Blogger]